Monday, January 14, 2008

Photoshop Mania!

So, today my friend Evelyn called me up to give me some pointers on how to use Adobe Photoshop. Wow. Her tips are great (Thanks again, Evelyn!). And wow, there is SO much you can do with Photoshop. It's so much fun! And, since I love to see these comparisons on other photo blogs, I thought I'd put up one of my own. Enjoy! (Sorry about the repeat photo...I was really wanting to spice this one up a bit anyway, so it was a good candidate for this post).

Original or SOOC (straight out of camera)


Warmed it up, played with contrast, blacked out background, added a vignette, and can't remember what else.... :)


Played with black and white, adjusted opacity of level in order to save a
tiny bit of color on his lips.


Which one is your favorite?

3 Comment(s):

Megan January 15, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

Love it! Do you have the full photoshop? It looks like you have the creative suite one, isn't that the latest? We have elements and I am struggling with figuring it out. Maybe you could help when we come for Ryan's photo shoot!! I'm excited, call me when the madness dies down.

Liz January 15, 2008 at 11:27 AM  

I don't actually have Photoshop...yet. :) I downloaded their free trial. The trial I'm using is Photoshop CS3 Extended. I love it. I've never used Photoshop before (not even Elements), so I don't know how much help I'll be, but I am totally willing to try. Oh, and you don't have to come here! I'll totally come to your house if it's more convenient for you. We do have some awesome afternoon sunshine, though, if you want to come here. Whatever is easiest for you! You're doing me a favor. Seriously. I can't wait!

Lisa/Scott January 15, 2008 at 12:37 PM  

I like the middle one...it looks like a magazine spread.

Post a Comment

Important

Please remember that not all computer screens are created equal. Rest assured that your pictures will be of the highest quality with perfect color blending courtesy of my professionally calibrated computer screen.

Create

"There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are." -Ernst Haas

About This Blog

liz@lizziejanephotography.com

Recent Comments

Share Me

Photobucket

Followers