Sunday, March 23, 2008

Thank you, Joy and Amy!

ProPhoto RGB - I've had my Photoshop color settings on this, ProPhoto RBG, because Scott Kelby recommended having it on this setting if I was using Photoshop in conjunction with Lightroom. Well, it's been desaturating my photos and I was getting frustrated with it. I didn't know it, but thanks to Joy and Amy, I now know that the better setting for posting to the web is sRGB. Thanks ladies! I really appreciate you taking a moment to answer my desperate questioning! :)


sRGB - This is how my pictures looked when I edited them on my computer. I am thrilled with the difference this makes online! I've been feeling like I'm showing people rough drafts instead of being able to share with them my vision for each photo. Thank you, thank you, thank you Joy and Amy!

I think I'll go back and repost all the yogurt pictures so you can see them as I saw them. Wow, I can't tell you what a relief this is. It's soooooooo much better! :)

Here's a few more for you:

ProPhoto RGB

sRGB (my vision)

ProPhoto RGB

sRGB (my vision)

ProPhoto RGB

sRGB (my vision)

ProPhoto RGB

sRGB (my vision)

ProPhoto RGB

sRGB (my vision)

ProPhoto RGB

sRGB (my vision)

ProPhoto RGB

sRGB (my vision)

5 Comment(s):

Marcia March 24, 2008 at 8:32 PM  

wow, what a difference. What's with the word verification thing? Who couldn't do that?

Brooklet March 26, 2008 at 7:12 PM  

Wow, that does make a difference, even though you are speaking a foreign language to me withthe srg-blah, blah, blah! Beautiful photos. I lvoe the vibrant green and blue in these pictures. Where do you get all your light from??

Liz March 28, 2008 at 9:20 AM  

Thanks Brooke. None of that stuff made any sense to me either until recently. I hate that I'm learning by making mistakes. Big ones. Anyway, I got the light by pointing my flash straight up and bouncing the light off the ceiling. Then I brightened each photo in Lightroom. Really simple, but excellent results!

Meaghan Elliott March 29, 2008 at 8:59 PM  

Hi Liz,
I am having the same problems with my images.... I am set in sRGB mode... But I feel like my blog pics are so blah compared to what I edit on my screen. What exactly did you change???
Thanks!
Meaghan
www.meaghan-elliottphotography.com

Sawyers Family June 30, 2008 at 11:33 AM  

the difference is AMAZING!! Does it change anything when you print the picture? I would rather have my shots look bad on the internet and excellent when they print!

Post a Comment

Important

Please remember that not all computer screens are created equal. Rest assured that your pictures will be of the highest quality with perfect color blending courtesy of my professionally calibrated computer screen.

Create

"There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are." -Ernst Haas

About This Blog

liz@lizziejanephotography.com

Recent Comments

Share Me

Photobucket

Followers