Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunset at Torrey Pines - Photographer's Favorites

Okay friends and fellow photographers, I got so many awesome, AWESOME pictures during this photo shoot with my family (ha ha...Dan is mocking me for calling it a photo shoot) that it was practically impossible for me to limit myself to putting just a few on my blog (as you will soon find out as you scroll down). :) It's a beautiful thing when your subjects can forget that you are there and you can capture them being...well, themselves. Once again, please note that for some reason the pictures lose a bit of their beautiful color saturation as Blogger resizes them for posting. If you want to see the vivid colors as they should be, just click on the photo and it will take you to a larger, more vibrant picture. I hope that I'm not delirious and that you enjoy these as much as I do. I feel some framing coming on! :)











9 Comment(s):

lindsey. February 10, 2008 at 1:36 PM  

I LOVE THESE! My favorites are the third one from the top and the one of Dan tossing Anders in the air. Your portfolio must be coming along really well and rather quickly! You have so many great images to choose from.

Jarem Frye February 10, 2008 at 9:18 PM  

The third one from down is really great! The silhouette of Soren (?) at the water and one of Dan throwing Anders are both worthy of being sold in a frame to people with no intention of putting their own pictures in the frame and many of the ones below make me jealous because you are a better photographer then me.
Great work!

Liz February 11, 2008 at 10:34 AM  

Hey thanks, Jarem, that means a lot. However, I think you have to take into account the awesome camera I have that more than compensates for my lack of expertise. :-) You're still better than me, you're just not better than my camera. :-) Ha ha! Just kidding. :-)

Jarem Frye February 11, 2008 at 11:32 AM  

Ya, I know you have an expensive camera which I am quite jealous of, but don't forget that although your camera may have cost thousands, I have a bionic leg which makes me like the 6 million dollar man so I just might be better then your camera. I guess that doesn't effect photos though.
I'll keep trying.

Liz February 11, 2008 at 12:08 PM  

Ha ha ha! You're hilarious! You definitely are the 6 million dollar man. I'll let you touch my camera in April. :)

Marcia February 11, 2008 at 7:38 PM  

I like your work Elizabeth. Jarem is very very good, too. I love his pictures, too. Yes, we expect some great family pictures from you in April. We need a family portrait. Debbie N says you are going to do some of Nate and his fiancee for their wedding reception. Keep it up.

Ann-Marie Photography February 12, 2008 at 7:24 AM  

Thanks for the tip...but I don't really have photoshop...like I said, money, we have none. So I'm holding out to get it for Christmas. Until then I just use a very simple program that doesen't allow me a lot of wiggle room...a few lighting features, red eye and adding text....so until then I have to just use my camera.

Ann-Marie Photography February 12, 2008 at 7:50 AM  

p.s. your pictures are really beautiful...again I love how you use your depth of field. You are very talented! And I'm jealous of the beach and the warm weather. I would give anything to stop seeing snow!!!!! I think you should frame them all.

Lisa/Scott February 14, 2008 at 10:04 AM  

These are some of my favorites I've seen of you so far. I of course love the first one with Dan holding the kids. I love all the rest too. You captured their innocence and spirit.

Post a Comment

Important

Please remember that not all computer screens are created equal. Rest assured that your pictures will be of the highest quality with perfect color blending courtesy of my professionally calibrated computer screen.

Create

"There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are." -Ernst Haas

About This Blog

liz@lizziejanephotography.com

Recent Comments

Share Me

Photobucket

Followers